Ideas for Small Spaces
Small Spaces Can Be A Decorating Challenge.
If you are down-sizing from a larger home, it can feel especially difficult to find ways to adjust to the smaller environment. But small doesn’t need to mean cramped. Here are 5 great ways to maximize your small space and create a room you love.
1. Use Multi-purpose Pieces: sofa beds or murphy beds, ottomans with storage and bookshelves are great furniture choices
2. Down-size the furniture too: use furniture tailored to smaller spaces
3. Use Mirrors and Lights: a bright room will always feel larger
4. Monotone: Use a simple lighter colored palate and subtle tones to add interest without distracting the eye
5. De-Clutter: remove extra items which only make the room seem cramped From urban lofts to retirement communities, there are many reasons to seek out a smaller living space.
By utilizing a few simple design tips, your small space can provide years of living enjoyment.
When you're preparing your home for market, it makes sense to assess what improvements can be made so that you're not leaving money on the table at closing that you could have gained back by increasing the value of your property.
But what are those improvements? By the time you sell, the window of opportunity to make strategic improvements is small, and you may be limited by market conditions and time constraints.
What if we worked together well before a sale, with my expertise as a strategic partner in assessing opportunities for home improvements?Learn how we can help sell your home faster and for a higher price.