10 Tips for Bathroom Space
10 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Look Bigger
Small bathrooms don’t have to be dark and dank. Contrary to popular belief, making a small bathroom appear larger is not as hard as it seems. Here are 10 easy ways to quickly make a small bathroom look bigger.
1. Mirrors – Add larger mirrors to reflect light and provide the illusion of space.
2. Lighten Up – Lighting doesn’t have to be harsh, but adequate lighting is a must.
3. Remove Barriers – Open up the room with clear glass shower doors or shelves.
4. Monotone Decorating – Use the same light colors on walls, countertops, floors and cabinetry to allow for the eyes to flow through the space.
5. Negative Space – Consider using a pedestal sink which takes less space than traditional cabinets.
6. Declutter – Find locations out of sight for toiletry items.
7. Heads Up – Use the vertical space in the room too, tall cabinets provide storage and add interest to the room.
8. Store Mats and Towels – Keep towels and floor mats out of sight unless in use. A simple hand towel in a complementary color tone is all most guests need.
9. Pocket Doors – Where you have room, use pocket doors or popular barn sliding doors to add extra space inside the bathroom.
10.Glass – Clear glass shower doors is a great way to remove a visual barrier and make the room seem larger.
When you're preparing your home for market, it makes sense to assess what improvements can be made so that you're not leaving money on the table at closing that you could have gained back by increasing the value of your property.
But what are those improvements? By the time you sell, the window of opportunity to make strategic improvements is small, and you may be limited by market conditions and time constraints.
What if we worked together well before a sale, with my expertise as a strategic partner in assessing opportunities for home improvements?Learn how we can help sell your home faster and for a higher price.